NCMS FAQ of the Week: Anatomical Gifts

Due to a high volume of questions coming in through the Member Resource Center, the NCMS features a Frequently-Asked-Question (FAQ) for its members each week to share information about current medical and health care issues that their colleagues are having.

Q: Where can I direct my patient if they are interested in donating their body for anatomical research?

A: The Commission of Anatomy, an affiliate of the North Carolina Division of Public Health, offers resources pertaining to body donation programs. Click here for more information. Here is a list of body donation programs located in North Carolina:

UNC School of Medicine Body Donation Program
Duke University School of Medicine Anatomical Gifts Program
ECU The Brody School of Medicine Body Donation
Wake Forest School of Medicine Anatomical Bequeathal Program (Contact the Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy at 336-716-4368)
Fayetteville Technical Community College Anatomical Bequeathal Program (Funeral Services Department)

Note: Organ donors, with the exception of corneas-only donors, cannot be whole-body donors as well.

Have a question? Contact the NCMS Member Resource Center at 919-833-3836 or [email protected].


Share this Post